2019 8 kW1 Standby Generator System (040351) - Briggs & Stratton
Outlast the next power outage, maintain your family's comfort and power the basics with the sleek 8 kW1 standby generator system. The 8 kW1 generator features the smallest footprint in its kW class, and still packs plenty of power so your home's basic circuits and small appliances stay on during an outage all at an affordable price.
- More Power, Smaller Package: As one of the most powerful generators packaged in the smallest footprint of its class, this compact home generator keeps more of your appliances powered during a power outage.
- Durable Enclosure: Designed to weather the elements, the system's enclosure is made from automotive-grade Galvanneal steel to resist rust. Its advanced powder coat paint process results in years of protection against chips and abrasions.
- Superior Customer Support: Shopping for the right standby generator for your home can be confusing, but Briggs & Stratton will be with you every step of the way. Complete our web form below or visit the Customer Support portal to get your questions answered.
- Flexible Placement3: Have a tight lot line? Worried about your curb appeal? Install your generator as close as 18" from your home. Our generators are in compliance with the stringent National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard.
- 4 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty: Backed by Briggs & Stratton's customer-friendly 4 year parts and 4 year labor limited warranty. Also includes 4 years travel to ensure we cover you when you need it most.
- Model Number: 040351
- Surge Watts (LP)*: 8,000
- Surge Watts (NG)*: 6,000
- Engine Displacement (cc): 500
- Voltage (V): 120/240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf
- Running Amps (NG): 25
- LP Fuel Consumption**: 50% load = 1.04 gal/hr
- Weekly Exerciser: Yes
- Overcrank Protection: Yes
- HZ: 60 Hz
- Width (in): 24.4
- Weight (lbs): 252
- Running Watts (LP)*: 8,000
- Running Watts (NG)*: 6,000
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton OHV
- Operation: Fully Automatic
- Running Amps (LP): 33.3
- Alternator Type: Computer Friendly
- NG Fuel Consumption**: 50% load = 94 ft3 /hr
- Battery/Battery Charger: Yes
- Hour Meter: Yes
- Length (in): 28
- Height (in): 35.1
- Warranty (Product)***: 4 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty
This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators)3Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws, regulations and provided installation manual. Running engines give off carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas so it is important to keep exhaust gas away from any windows, doors, ventilation intakes or crawl spaces. The installation manual contains specific instructions related to generator placement in addition to NFPA 37, including the requirement that Carbon monoxide detectors be installed and maintained in your home.Not for Prime Power or use where standby systems are legally required, for serious life safety or health hazards, or where lack of power, hampers rescue of fire-fighting operations. *NG = Natural Gas; LP = Liquid Propane. **Fuel consumption rates are estimated based on normal operating conditions at 1/2 load. Generator operation may be greatly affected by elevation and the cycling operation of multiple electrical appliances - fuel flow rates may vary depending on these factors. ***See Operator's Manual for complete warranty details
Availability Brochure Style Residential Generators Ac Output 8,000W (LP) Displacement 500 cc Weight 252 lb. Width 24.4 in.