2020 EX Series™ 550ex Series™ - Briggs & Stratton
You'll love the smooth handling of the lightweight, yet powerful EX Series engines with best-in-class torque-to-weight ratio, reduced vibration and quieter operation.
- Made in the USA: Made in the USA of US and global parts.
- ReadyStart® Engine Starting System: No prime, no choke, no worries. Just pull for power.
- Our Starting Promise™: Starts in 2 attempts - or we'll fix it for free.*
- Super Lo-Tone™ Engine Muffler: A quieter lawn mowing experience.
- Tool-less Air Cleaner Cover: Easy access for filter changes.
- Model Number: 09P7
- Engine Displacement (cc): 140
- Engine Configuration: Vertical Shaft
- Length (in): 13.8
- Height (in): 9.6
- Bore (in): 2.5
- Engine Fuel: Gasoline
- Oil Capacity (oz): 15
- Oil Filter: N/A
- Air Filter: Dual-Sealing Paper or Oiled Foam
- Fuel Shutoff Valve: N/A
- Torque (ft-lbs, gross)*: 5.50
- Number of Cylinders: Single
- OHV Engine: Yes
- Width (in): 12.2
- Weight (lbs): 17
- Stroke (in): 1.75
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 0.2
- Lubrication System: Dura-Lube Splash Lubrication
- Starter: ReadyStart® Starting System
- Muffler: Super Lo-Tone™ or Lo-Tone™
* See https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/starting-promise.html for complete details. ** Just Check & Add™ only available on 625EX models with press-fit-style air cleaners *All power levels are stated gross torque at 2600 rpm per SAE J1940 as rated by Briggs & Stratton.
Availability Brochure Style Residential Engines Displacement 140 cc Cylinders Single Torque 5.50 ft.-lb., gross Bore X Stroke 2.5 in. x 1.75 in.