2020 LS550 - American LandMaster
More Power, More Capabilities
For a lot of people, UTVs are for fun. Not for you. You need a machine that does work, tears through the toughest conditions, and hauls you and your tools reliably. The LandStar 550 is that machine. One of the most affordable 4WD UTVs on the market, the 550 lets you conquer the terrain to get where you need to go.
We've Got High Standards
- All Steel Frame: Every LandStar frame is bent, welded, powder-coated and assembled in our Columbia City, Indiana facility. Don't believe us, just stop by our headquarters anytime during the week and we'd be glad to give you and your guests a tour of our manufacturing facility. With our full steel frame you won’t have to worry about sticks, rocks, or other debris tearing a hole in your floor boards.
- Fuel, Voltage & Hour Gauge Included: With a range up to 100 miles on all our gas powered units, you won’t have the headache of having to refuel constantly. All vehicles now come standard with a fuel gauge, hour meter, and battery meter. Now you’ll know exactly when it’s time to fuel up, get your UTV in for maintenance or tend to your battery.
- Tow Like a Boss: Each vehicle comes equipped with a rear hitch giving you the capability to tow up to 1,200 lbs on our 4wd units and 1,100 lbs on our 2wd units. You’ll have enough towing power to handle just about any job. Why pay thousands more with another brand when American LandMaster offers you a utility vehicle with the same capabilities?
- Haul Just About Anything: With a payload up to 500 lbs, on our 4wd units, and 400lbs, on our 2wd units, you’ll be able to transport lumber, tools, fuel, or pets wherever they need to go. All four bed options have dump-functionality. Our hauling power matches the competition for the 48in platform UTVs, but beats them on American-Made and Price every time.
- Trail-Ready / Transport-Ready: With our unique nimble design, you’ll be able to squeeze through tight trails and hidden terrains a lot easier than other brands of UTVs. In addition, you’ll find that our vehicle is much easier to transport and fits nicely in the bed of a pickup truck..
- Power Steering - Added Comfort & Effortless Turning: Our 700 and 700 Crew models come standard with power-steering to give you an incredibly smooth turning experience in the toughest conditions. If you’re planning on using your vehicle daily or have joint pain, power-steering is a must-have. Available as an upgrade on the 455 and 550 models.
- On-Demand 4X4 / Rear Locking Differential: Our unique drive-train system gets to know you and your work environment. When it senses rear slippage, 4wd will automatically be engaged. For added traction, engage the cable-actuated rear locking-differential. This locks both rear tires to spin at the same time, adding additional traction for super tough terrains.
Even More Comes Standard
- Maintenance-Free AGM Battery: Sealed Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Batteries do not spill, sulfate or degrade like flooded batteries do. AGM batteries charge up to 5x faster than the classic flooded batteries and also have the ability to deep cycle. This results in higher efficiency when both discharging and recharging.
- Extreme Off-Road Tires: Standard across our entire line, these aggressive tires will get you in and out of mud and rutted terrains quick and easy. You may think 6-ply, 1” deep tread pattern is a bit extreme, but who wants a UTV that’s not a little on the wild side?
- Roof & Foldable Windshield Standard: On average, other brands charge up to $600 for a roof and windshield. Where the competition charges a premium for roofs and windshields, we include them as a standard feature on all units. The last thing you want is to buy a UTV and feel like something is missing on day one.
- Power: 16hp | 479cc VANGUARD 4-stroke pressure lubricated OHV V-Twin with oil pressure warning light
- Speed: Up to 24 mph**
- Fuel Consumption: Up to 18 mpg**
- Range: Up to 90 miles**
- Starting: 12V keyed ignition with recoil backup
- Battery: 12V / 360 cca utility class
- Spark Plug: NGK C7HSA
- Fuel Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Alternator: 20 amp
- Transmission: CVT automatic
- Transaxle: Gear drive Schafer/DANA oil-filled transaxle
- Differential: Locking
- Drive: Switch engaged on demand, 4 wheel drive
- Front Suspension: Double A-arms, adjustable shocks with up to 3” travel
- Rear Suspension: Articulated rear swing arm, featuring quad adjustable shocks with up to 3” travel
- Brake System: Hydraulic disc front, hydraulic drum rear with hand operated parking brake
- Tires: 25 x 8 - 12 (front) 25 x 10 - 12 (rear)
- Dimensions: 110 in. L x 49 in. W x 78 in. H
- Wheel Base: 73.5 in.
- Turning Radius: 9.5 ft. inside radius
- Dry Weight: 1000 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 1200 lb.
- Bed Material: Structural foam “Poly Bed" with stake pockets
- Bed Dimensions: 35.25 in. L x 41.5 in. W x 11 in. D
- Bed Capacity: 9.25 cu.ft. / 500 lb.
- Rear Flip Seat: Available as an option
- Towing Capacity: 1200 lb.
- Vehicle Capacity: 1000 lb.
- Warranty: 3 year engine / All other 1 year limited
- Additional Features: 3pt lap/shoulder belts for driver and passenger, twin 12V auxiliary outlets for accessories, 12V/18W LED headlights, polyurethane powder paint, 2” rear receiver hitch, dump bed, bench seating, welded steel frame, headrests, under seat storage
- All American LandMaster Models Come With Top & Windshield Included! That's an average savings across the industry of $620 that we provide to our customers at no additional cost. We believe these are important accessories for the vehicle that make your life easier.
Body paint is black on all base models. Alternate body and hood colors available in package upgrades. 2wd models & all cruiser models do not have headrests. ** Estimates. Actual top speeds, fuel consumptions and vehicle ranges may vary due to driving conditions, terrain, climate and other extenuating circumstances.
Availability Brochure Style Side x Side Colors Green, Red, Black, Camo Engine Type VANGUARD 4-stroke OHV V-Twin Displacement 479cc Transmission CVT automatic